Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!

With the new year beginning, many people make new year's resolutions. Last year, mine was to get a new job and somehow that never happened!! I am still looking for jobs though, and did get my resume together and put in a few applications a month or so ago. I can't believe that 2007 went past so quickly. I think I must be getting old or something? This year I will be 30. How can that be? I still feel like a kid and would rather goof off and have fun rather than....uh....go to work. But, I am feeling middle age coming on nonetheless and am feeling new responsibilities settling in to my life. This is a comfortable age to be even with more responsibilites, and I certainly would not want to go back to my teenage years or even my younger 20's if it meant having to go through the same experiences again. What I would like to have is the extra energy, motivation, and excitement for life that comes with youth. I've realized that being with elderly people makes me glad for the youth I do have left, and being with the young adults/teenagers makes me laugh a lot because of their lightheartedness, humor, and surprising maturity levels. The babies and young children inspire me to notice the smallest details around me, like the snowflakes that are pictured on here. Sometimes you may feel that life if passing you by so quickly and that you're just on auto-pilot, but it's when you stop to notice nature and the world around you that you can just pause and enjoy those little moments and think about what matters the most. A wrapper that came off of a piece of chocolate said to spend time, not money. I think that can be applied in so many different ways if you think about it. Family and friends would rather spend time with you than have you blow your paycheck on them and not have enough left over to pay your bills. Also, I'm pretty sure that God would rather us spend time with him rather than work overtime and never have the time for him. So, I hope these little thoughts of mine help to inspire you this new year in whatever you're hoping to accomplish.

No comments: